Avant de remplir le formulaire de contact, découvrez les étapes à suivre pour développer son produit cosmétique
Regulation - Administrative part6
Regulation - Testing5
Back to the specifications2
After contacting us via the contact form available below, we ask you to fill in a specification.
It is divided into 8 parts in order to identify your expectations and development constraints:
- The information of the person in charge and the company
- The marketing part which corresponds to the concept of your brand, the customer target…
- The formulation, we need to know the texture of your product, the colour, the smell…
- The packaging(s) you want
- The quantity of products you want to sell
- The factory gate price you wish to set as well as the packaging price
- All this is done under confidentiality, we ask you to fill in this agreement at the same time as the specifications.
2Back to the specifications
Once the specifications have been completed, we will give you feedback on the points to be clarified and the potential changes to be made. We will provide you with real support for your project, and our discussions will generally take place by telephone or video in order to communicate more easily and answer all your questions.
This is also an opportunity for us to present GBC in more detail, our operation, the stages of creation of your products as well as our know-how and our values.
Following our feedback and your modifications, we can validate the specifications which will constitute the brief for the laboratory team.
Once the specifications have been validated, the next step is to draw up the estimate.
It includes :
- The price of the development of your formula
- The regulatory part : PIF, notification on the CPNP portal and proofreading of the documents for the public
- Stability and compatibility tests that we carry out in our premises
- Toxicological evaluation
- The tests necessary to ensure the conformity of your products. They are not included in our quotation as we do not take any margin on our partners’ prices
After receiving the quotation from your side, we give you our trust. All we need is an agreement in principle on the quotation to study the economic feasibility of your project concerning the production plant.
We now move on to the formulation of your product. The laboratory team goes through the sourcing of raw materials and then the actual formulation.
Your product will go back and forth between you and GBC, which is an opportunity for you to give us your comments in terms of texture, smell, colours, etc. We will rework the product if necessary until we receive your approval.
We cannot continue the development until you have validated the formula.
5Regulation - Testing
Once the formula has been validated, we carry out two tests in the laboratory which last 3 months :
- Compatibility tests, we evaluate the interactions between the final packaging and the formula
- Stability tests, we ensure that the product remains stable in terms of smell, appearance, colour, etc.
We measure the PH of the formula and check that it does not change over time, as well as the viscosity.
The rest of the tests required to market your products (efficacy, microbiology, tolerance) is subcontracted to our partners, we do not make any margin on it. We manage the sampling, the administration and you receive the invoice directly from the service providers.
Once the tests have been carried out, a safety assessment report is drawn up by an independent toxicology expert.
6Regulation - Administrative part
Throughout the project and once the tests have been completed, we take care of the regulatory part of your product.
For this, the regulatory team takes care of :
- the drafting of the PIF – Product Information File, which is in a way the identity document of your product. This document contains information about the raw materials, test results, etc.
- the proofreading of documents intended for the public (packaging, media, etc.)
- registering your product on the CPNP portal (all products must be notified on this portal before being placed on the market)
For the production we work with different partners located exclusively in France.
The factory with which we will work for your product is known from the beginning of the project. In fact, it’s you who determines the purchase price of your product at the factory, which includes :
- the price of the packaging
- the price of the manufacturing labour
- the price of the packaging
- the cost of raw materials
We need this price because we tender to different subcontractors to find the best production and packaging plant.
As a reminder, we start with 500 units per product (skincare, hygiene, hair care, suncare and perfume) and 1 500 for make-up.
Global Beauty Consulting
4 ter, allée du Docteur Picquenard